Building Supply – Greater Toronto Area
Are you a self-starter with good communication and organizational skills? Have you sold business-to-business or industrial products and services? If so, then I would like to hear from you.
My client has been in business for over 75 years, servicing customers in the construction and industrial markets across Canada. Their expertise lies in fasteners, tools and industrial supplies. They are a sales-driven organization, stocking the biggest brand names in the industry, with sales reps working out of their 35+ branches coast to coast.
Reporting to the District Sales manager, the business development sales rep will be responsible for profitably growing sales to achieve annual sales targets. They will be responsible for prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities within existing customers. The focus, however, will be on prospecting new business.
• Develop and sustain sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
• Manage sales volume with new and existing customers.
• Develop and implement sales plans to expand business presence in the assigned area. Prospect and cold-call as needed.
• Share market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establish relationships and working partnerships.
• Attend monthly business meetings for all company- sponsored associations. Participate in all local trade shows, and, if required, similar regional / national activities.
• Nature of this work requires increasing independence; receive guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review will typically involve periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct internal "customers" of the process.
• May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
• Previous outside sales experience from a reputable sales-driven organization. Ideally from an industrial supply, copier, courier, and waste management or uniform service company. Approx. 3-7 years of this experience is desired.
• Has displayed a proven ability to prospect and cold-call new business customers.
• A relatively stable employment history.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Proficient computer skills.
Base Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
On-Target Earnings: $75,000- $80,000 (uncapped)
Car Allowance: $600/month + gas card
Cell Phone & expenses covered
Full Benefits, RRSP contributions
ADDITIONAL: Please make sure that you have read this job description carefully. If you honestly feel like you have what I am looking for, then please provide us with your resume, along with a brief email detailing why you feel you are right for the position.