Account Executive (Industrial/Safety Sales) – Concord, Ontario
My client has been in business for well over a century now! In other words, you can rest assured that they’re here to stay. They are in the business of distributing industrial supply products across North America.
You don’t stay in business this long without being exceptional at what you do. Building a distribution network that is “second-to-none” is one of their strengths. Offering competitive pricing and services that provide valuable solutions for their customers is another. But their main reason for this historical success as a sales-driven company, is consistently hiring the absolute top sales reps on the market to come work for them.
Speaking of the top sales reps on the market, my client is looking to hire one in Concord, Ontario. They have asked me (Michael @ the Allemano Group) to assist them in finding the next super star Account Executive to join their team.
Reporting to the District Sales Manager and working with the local Branch Manager, the successful candidate will be given a book of existing business to maintain and grow within a protected territory. They will meet with their customers face-to-face on a regular basis to understand their needs and present them with cost effective solutions that will increase customer spend, loyalty and retention.
In addition, using Professional Selling Skills, they will uncover new business opportunities within their territory. They will be selling everything from hand tools, power tools, fasteners and safety products. Oh, and did I mention that they are a Canadian run company? Bonus!
• Know your customers and earn their trust; become their “go-to” person
• Display a winning attitude, act with optimism & enthusiasm
• Manage an account portfolio of approximately 75 medium to large size customers, including National Accounts customers, as well as executing a balanced focus of new/new customer acquisition activity
• Field activity expectations; 20 customer calls including a minimum of 3 new customer development callsper week
• Develop and implement account penetration plans and strategies to include regular account business reviews for key customers
• Aggressively follow up on leads to convert to profitable sales
• Partner with suppliers/vendors and internal sales resources to achieve profitable sales goals
• Communicate regularly with branch team in order to resolve customer issues
• 3 to 5 years of outside business to business or industrial sales experience is required
• Proven superior interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively build relationships
• Demonstrated team-playing attitude
• Above average communication skills, ability to convey messages in an organized, clear and effective manner
• Go beyond job requirements to seek opportunities and generate ideas for improvements
• Proficient computer skills and aptitude
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
• A post secondary education is preferred
Base Salary Range: $42,500 - $47,500
On-Target Earnings: $75,000- $85,000 (uncapped)
Car Allowance: $480/month + mileage
Cell Phone & expenses covered
3 weeks of vacation
Full Benefits, RRSP contributions
ADDITIONAL: Please make sure that you have read this job description carefully. If you honestly feel like you have what I am looking for, then please provide us with your resume, along with a brief email detailing why you feel you are right for the position.